Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Vickie York Blog 3

If I had forgotten to turn in my application and the restaurant was already fully staffed, I would try everything in my power to get my job back. The exigence in this situation is that I have a great deal of experience and history with the restaurant.  My main arguments would be that I am extremely loyal to the business and that I have proven myself to be an extraordinarily hard worker. I would promise her that I would do everything I could to live up to her expectations. I would say that I need this job to earn money to help with college loans, books, housing, ect. I would explain to the owner that, with all the stress from college and final exams, the application must have drifted from my memory. I know she wouldn’t want to come across as favoring me because I am her family friend. She wouldn’t want her other employees to think she is biased or partial to one person. She would also not want her restaurant to be over staffed. If in this scenario I couldn’t have my job back, I would be completely understanding. I would be very respectful and thank her for her time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment