Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Jake Apostoles Blog 3

When getting home without the job at my old employer's business, I would go to the woman first and explain my situation in person. I am thus engaging my audience in the most active way possible, a one on one conversation.  I would then present my case for why I need the job and why she should give it to me. I need the job because I am in need of the income. I have been an employee there for all of high school, and I have the experience that new employees don't. I can handle customers and work the system as a veteran, and can help teach the other new employees. She doesn't need to worry about me or have someone vouch for me, as she is a family friend and has known me for many years, both professionally and personally, and is going to look out for a friend and ex-employee more than someone she doesn't know at all. I will have to keep the conversation light, professional, and polite, as I am seeking a job and I already know this person quite well. She may be slightly overstaffed, but she could always cut back on worker's hours or give them more days off, while most likely one of the new employees will quit as low level jobs don't have a high retention rate. I can also work every day of the week since it is summer break. She will not want to have a number of employees that is higher than necessary. It may be a strain on her funds, but we could all just share some of the hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment