Monday, October 14, 2013

Brian Doyle Blog 4

The AD I am writing my blog on is the Toyota car advertisement. It is an advertisement for the safety of this brand of automobiles, and is used to persuade the viewer into thinking this brand of cars is the most reliable out there. The specific audience it is intended for is parents of young children who are in the market for a new car. This AD shows quite a lot of pathos because it makes the parents think about their kids and how much they love them, and how emotionally attached they are to them. This is a very effective advertisement, because it is brief, and has a broad audience: all parents with children. When viewing it the reader feels bad for this boy because he has so much more to do in life, and you don’t want that to be taken away from him.

            For Essay 2 I think I am going to use five similar Ads and connect them throughout the whole essay, while sticking to one page per AD. This way I am not constricted to using just one AD, and it will allow me to make them into a story of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment