The exigence in this scenario is that Iforgot to turn in my paperwork
on time. As a poor college student I need money for books and food, for gas and
car payments. Either way the need for money has many reasons. My audience is
our family friend, someone I have known for a long time and do not want to
strain a relationship with. I also know that this business is her only means
of living and that the risk she is taking by maybe hiring extra workers could
mean her livelihood and reputation is at stake. However she also will not want
to destroy a friendship that she has created with me. So if I can prove to her
that I am a positive instead of a negative in her business environment she
will probably hire me. I can do that by arguing that one, I have experience,
something that cannot be bought. Second that we are a close friend, meaning I
will work harder and care more. However as I have already broker her trust by
not putting in the paperwork in time, there is only so much I can argue about
working harder. Also the fact that she will have to fire someone will also have
an effect on her overall decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment