Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Renae Slough Blog 3

If I came home for the summer, needed to make money, and already had a job that I was experienced with in the past, my argument to return to that job would definitely be necessary. First, I would present my argument to an audience. The audience would include my boss, especially, and then maybe some of my previous co-workers. Since my boss is a small business owner, but also a family friend, she would have some difficulty deciding whether or not to give me the job. Being a small business owner, every decision she makes is crucial. Meaning, if my boss hired too many people, she may not have enough money to support all of her employees. But also as a family friend, my boss may feel obligated to hire me, especially because I have so much experience with the business. My argument would be that I deserve to get rehired because I was faithful to the business for many years and have good experience and a great work ethic. However, there are a few constraints to my argument. The main constraint is it is my fault that I did not turn in my application in time and I should suffer the consequences. To make up for it, I may include in my argument that I could work extra hours or maybe some hours without pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment