Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kyle Reymann Blog 3

Losing track of time, I forgot to apply for the summer restaurant job I've had for the past four summers and the staff is already filled.  I would present my argument for an audience, whom is the owner of the restaurant and a family friend.  Since my former boss is a small business owner, she might be reluctant to hire me because I can only work 3 months out of a year opposed to someone she can find that works full time.  The decision for her becomes difficult because though I can only work 3 months a year, I am a close family friend.  The boss might not have enough room on her staff to hire an extra member, but she might feel obligated to hire me since I am a family friend.  My argument would include that I am already familiar with all aspects of the business and have been a trustworthy and hard working employee for the past four years.  Also, I would offer to train an incoming employee a couple of weeks before I were to go back to school in the fall.        

No comments:

Post a Comment