Monday, October 14, 2013

Blog 4

    The hand watch that has brand Stauer is being advertised.
    This AD tries to make us believe that the product saved the memories that a GI owned 69 years ago in Rome, when he bought an original design Stauer watch, so it may saved ours', too.
    The AD targets the customers that want to keep important memories or person with them anywhere, and those who want to buy watches and in the mean time have strong feelings about family and reunion.
    It used Ethos in the sentence ’But to our family, it is just a reminder that nothing is more beautiful than a smile of a healthy returning GI’. Although it said the watch is just a reminder of the memory, nothing more, but it also suggested that this watch had been accompanied with a healthy smiling GI during his returning home.
    And also, it use Ethos in the sentence: ’he wrote home that he now could count the hours until he returned to United States’ It seems that the watch is just a tool of measuring time, but there also indicated that it shared the hope of reunion of a Heroic GI and his family from the brutal battlefield, to enjoy the moment of them being together again.
    Lastly, for the picture inside the watch, it is not showing directly, but tell us that this watch is a good one to keep your most beautiful memories with you, and it is using ethos.
    It is effective, I am touched and it indeed is persuasive. It makes me think about my grandpa, we did not share much time together because we lived in different cities. And he had been gone for more than one year from us forever. This advertisement may be showed completely different story than my memories with my grandpa, but the feeling is similar: the eagerness of family and reunion, except I could not do that with my grandpa again, but he lived in my heart. If I want to save very important person in my memory, each time I check the time, I can recall the memories we were together, I would probably buy this one, because it hits my heart.
       This is for the Watch advertisement attached on scholar.

No comments:

Post a Comment