For my paper 2 I want to focus on how Ethos, Pathos and
Logos is used in everyday life. I want to use examples of people trying to
advertise stuff around campus and throughout town. I also want to incorporate advertisements
I have seen on TV and throughout all varieties of film. I will split it into a
5 paragraph detailed essay. Each body paragraph will talk about each of the
terms. The first paragraph will talk about Ethos and how advertisements use
authority to convince their viewers to buy their product. Then I will talk
about Pathos and how emotional drive can convince the viewer that this item
needs to be purchased. There are so many examples of pathos in advertising
especially with nonprofits and commercials involving children and animals. When
the viewer can picture himself or herself emotionally attached to the object
they have a better chance of buying it. Finally I will talk about Logos. Logos will
focus on statistics and studies that would convince a person to buy a product.
It will talk about how objective proof surrounding an object will greatly
convince someone that this object is worth his or her investment. This essay
will conclude by showing that with the combination of all three of these
tactics you will create a convincing advertisement.
No comments:
Post a Comment