Sunday, September 1, 2013

Maria E. Vollmer Blog One

My daily life writing:
  •        Texting
  •         Social media
  •     Taking notes in class
  •     Class assignments
  •     Essays

The difference between all of these different types of writing is, mainly, that those that aren’t written to get a grade as texting and note taking in class are generally written with poor grammatical and orthographic effort. Since the audience is either our close ones or yourself we generally don’t give importance to properness. However, for papers, essays and assignments we put on our best grammatical/orthographic behavior for the professor.

I feel I have accomplished my writing dose for the day when I actually think through what I’m going to write.  When I add punctuation signs and I’m careful with grammatical rules and take time to choose the right words, that’s when I consider I have actually written something.  


Overall, I don’t put much detail into my writing unless the audience inspires me into doing it, and when I do get inspired I know I am capable of delivering a capable message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment