I’ve always been of the mindset that when you are at
a really dark or low place in your life, you have to know that God has
something great waiting for you around the corner. The event taking place in my
picture, proves this point to be true.
My sophomore year in high school, I went through one
of the most embarrassing moments in my life. We were in the middle of the
Regional tournament, and doing really well. We were in the game right before
the Regional Championship. If we won, we moved on, if not, we were out.
Tensions were high among both teams, coaches and fans. I was up to bat and coach
asked me to put down a squeeze bunt. If you’re not a softball fan, that is when
you put down a bunt with a runner on third base. The runner on third starts
sprinting for home, like they are stealing a base, right when the ball leaves
the pitchers hand. My job as the batter is to put down a bunt, no matter where
the pitch is, far enough from home plate so that the runner going home can
score and not get out. This is a ton of pressure, especially since we were down
by one run.
You probably think this is my embarrassing moment,
but I actually came through on this. I put down an amazing bunt, the runner on
third scored, and I even made it safe to first. The other team was so
flabbergasted that I put down a bunt in this situation being a slow runner and
typically a power hitter. The crowd went wild and my first base coach gave me
the biggest high five. I was on cloud nine now, but following immediately in
the next play was one of the worst moments of my life that I will never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment