My whole life I have always been
playing sports. Starting in kindergarten, my mom signed me up for mini munchkins
soccer. Later, in the second grade I joined my town’s travel soccer team, The
Warriors. About the sixth grade, I hung up my soccer cleats and picked up a
lacrosse stick. Since then I haven’t put it down. Being on numerous sports team
I have seen tons of injuries, but fortunately never experience anything serious
myself. That is, until my senior year lacrosse season.
In
the beginning of May, my high school lacrosse team, the Seneca Eagles were
scheduled to take on our rivals, the Shawnee Renegades. I had been excited for
this game even prior to the season started. Our game was under the lights and
as my team warmed up, we focused every thought on the game.
At
the start of the first half, our team looked tired and the Renegades easily
took the lead. Being a defensive player and team caption, I felt it was my job
to some spark life into my team. I tired to motivate my teammates, but the Renegades
continued to dominate the first half.
When
the horn sounded the conclusion of the first half, the Eagles congregated with
defeated face for our half time talk. Our coach was just as upset as we were,
but she tired to trigger some excitement into us for the second half.
No comments:
Post a Comment