Achieving Greatness
Everything erupted.
It all happened so fast. Everything
was blurred at first. The stands of
Randolph High School were erupting. High
school students were running. Running
toward me. As I was tackled by one, two,
then 15 of my teammates all surrounding me, screaming and hugging me as I ran
off the mat after the finals of the district championships.
This memory
was the greatest I have ever experienced.
It brings me back to a journey. A
journey of four long, tough years that I had fought and worked toward one goal. After my first match as a middle school wrestler,
one father in the organization came up to me.
He said that one day I was going to be a district champion, and he was
going to be there for it. After that
moment, I had a goal. I wanted, more
than anything, to be a district champion for my high school.
As my
freshman, sophomore, and junior year went by, I was becoming better and
better. After a huge achievement of
making the varsity team as a freshman, I was focusing my life on
wrestling. I was becoming faster, more
skilled and more passionate. I attended
clubs all year long, and wrestled at colleges during the summers. Even breaking my thumb junior year did not
stop me. I would continue to wrestle
with a cast.
No comments:
Post a Comment