Andrew
Bergman
08
September, 2013
Reflection
Paper
Dreams
Dreams. Ideas and thoughts that are given to us by
God so that we may strive to become the best versions of ourselves in this
life. That is my definition of the word
dreams. Unfortunately, dreams are
complicated things. They challenge us in
more ways than we could think, and often change throughout our lives. For some people, dreams do not come to them
until late in their life. I was
fortunate enough to be blessed with my dreams early on in life. One of those dreams, was being admitted to
the United States Naval Academy.
Throughout
my childhood, my father always taught me the importance God has in our
life. Growing up in a Catholic family, I
went to church every Sunday with them, and grew in my faith. My father is the first to admit that he is
not the best Catholic, but he never once failed to remind me that keeping God
in our life, and his teachings is the most important thing above all. One of these teachings he taught me and my
siblings, was that God gave us our dreams.
Our dreams are our gifts from God to do the things he wants us to do on
earth. I have followed this teaching
ever since I was a child because I know that the dreams I have is what God
wants me to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment