I choose this picture because it
best describes the happiest moment of my high school career. Leading up to it was some of the hardest
moments of my life, however I realize now because of those things that I have
become an even stronger person because of it. While most of my wrestling matches I cannot
remember due to my brain being so preoccupied with winning, I do remember this
one completely because it was one of my most important ones and one of my last
ones. I also know that it will stay with me for the rest of my life.
The
night before my match we had to stay up until around three in the morning to
set up the gym. Wrestling is not a very hard sport to set up for, however we
had to wait until the basketball game was done for the night. On top of that I
had to cut around three pounds that night, which was normal but still very
painful. If you have ever tried to loose weight rapidly you will understand
what I am talking about. The five hundred calorie diets or about an apple a
day, the constant stepping on a scale to see if you have lost another tenth of
a pound. With all my sweatshirts on I started running that while the basketball
game was going on. Three pounds, I new I should not have had that extra sip of
water at lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment