When my parents asked me if i wanted to go on an Outward Bound vacation this past summer I saw an opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. Little did I know that the experience would change my life.
Outward Bound is an outdoor program that teaches the values of leadership, service, character, and integrity. Kids from all over the world can sign up for backpacking, snowboarding, rock climbing, kayaking, and a multitude of trips that provide "education for life". I know.. sounds a bit cliche, but OB is far from it.
During high school, even though I got good grades, I didn't try much at all. My senior year, suffering from a severe case of senioritis, I probably did an estimated less than 10 hours of homework at home getting most of what I needed done from copying someone else's or doing it the class before. I became very lazy doing barely what I needed to get by focusing more on having fun with my friends than the sticky habits I was getting myself into.
No comments:
Post a Comment