Writing in Everyday Life:
Growing up in a technology- based era, the writing that I do
in my everyday life is mostly social. I am constantly texting my friends to see
what they are up to. Social media is a part of my everyday routine; Facebook,
Twitter, and Instagram are just a few examples. This kind of writing is much
more casual. I use slang terms and don’t double check what I've written which
makes for more spelling errors and mistakes. Cell phones, laptops, and tablets
have allowed us to open up our lives with other people with just a press of a
button.
Although social writing is more entertaining, formal writing
is also something that is necessary and very time consuming. Formal writings
include papers, essays, and even notes. These are the types of writing that
must be double and triple checked for any mistakes. They require more thought
and preparation. It is very important to know how to formally write because it
is often asked of you on a regular basis, especially during the school year or
for work.
I know that I have successfully communicated my writing when
I have expressed the point with also adding detail or examples to enhance the
story or essay. I have to make sure to check all spelling and grammatical errors.
This must all be done while staying within the requirements but also in a
tasteful way.
No comments:
Post a Comment