Andrew
Bergman
29
August, 2013
Blog
One
Writing has been the choice genre of
communication for many centuries. From
cave drawings and hand written messages to emails and texts, the written
language has been a very dominant form of communication throughout human
history. I personally believe, though,
that I do an exorbitant amount more of traditional writing in this day and age
than most people. Many people
communicate to others by way of quick simple drafts of text messages, snap
chats and emails. Very few people take
the time to hand write a letter and then send it to another person. I find letters to be more personal, and I
feel it is something you can truly hold onto forever, therefore I write many to
family and friends. I also keep a journal
of my life. I structure my journal in a
way that could be considered written prayer.
I tell about my life, ask questions, and even give thanks in my entries,
as I am very religious. In accordance
with this I also use emails and text messages extensively. Often times they are the fastest ways of
communication, and I, in many cases, need to communicate fast. However, throughout my emails and text, I
make sure to keep my grammar and vocabulary very professional and neat, for I
do not want to form a habit of improper grammar and spelling. Grammar, vocabulary and the writing style of
text messages can be very different from the ways I wish to write in my
journals, letters and papers, and I wish to write professionally for all.
No comments:
Post a Comment