Friday, August 30, 2013

Sean Rodgers Blog 1


Writing is a very large and influential part of my life.  I am writing at almost all hours of the day.  When I think of texting and posting on social networks such as twitter as writing it tends to boggle my mind.  Is it good that I am writing subconsciously all day?  Or does it promote bad habits such as informal grammar and slang terms.  One thing I am sure of is that it helps me stay in touch with a vast amount of people that are scattered in all sorts of places.  This is one positive that I tend to be content with. 
            Compared to school writing, my social writing is different, but the way I think of it is, at least I’m writing.  School writing is done in a much more formal setting, in order to address an instructor.  I also enjoy this writing because I take pride in my work, which is something that I do not think about as much while writing socially.  The way I perceive things are that the more I write, the more I will improve.  Even posting a clever tweet on twitter has some cognitive thinking behind it that improves my creativity and skill as a writer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment