Thursday, August 29, 2013

Carol Royston Blog One

In my opinion there are two types of writings; social and formal. Social writings can be emails, blog posts, picture comments on social medias like Facebook. While formal writings can be letters and essays.

Socially, I use writing to express myself via text messages and social media. I am constantly sending and receiving text messages from friends and family. Text messages are easy ways to communicate information that is urgent and receive a quick response.

Social media has opened so many doors for accessible communication because its accessible from not only computer, but also on the go with cell phones. I love using Twitter, it allows me to have a instantly share how I'm feeling in a non-formal, diary type format.

Formal writings take time. They require thought and a lot of preparation. I use formal writings mainly in school and work settings. Many classes require long essays on a specific topic. Its hard to write an essay on something you are not familiar with. For me, when I write an essay I first start with an outline. It helps me organize and layout how I will write my whole essay. From there I can start writing and add details to enhance the text.

Over the summer, I am a lifeguard. In order to communicate with my supervisor, I send letters via email. To look professional, proof reading and extra precaution is used when writing these letters. I cannot just write the first thing that comes to me, I have to take time and really plan the best way to say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment