Throughout the day I take part in
many different types of writing some of which include: texting, emails,
journaling, note taking, and occasional writing assignments such as an essay.
The vast majority of my writing day to day is informal. Whether it is texting
or emailing a friend, in these instances we tend to abbreviate words and not
use proper salutations and closings in emails. This can be a problem for many
teens because when they are asked to send an email or a message to an important
person, such as a professor, they are informal and do not give a good
impression to the higher person. As I stated before this type of writing that
we are used to everyday is very informal compared to what we write in class. All
students in college know for the most part how to write things formally such as
essays and letters, but the more we use instant messaging language the less we
remember about proper grammar and writing. I feel that I have communicated
successfully in my daily writing when I know for a fact that what I am trying
to say is represented. This in turn means that the audience of my writing knows
what I am saying and can understand it. This happens when I take my time and
think about what I am trying to communicate in my writing. If everyone does
this while communicating even through texting, our generation will know how to
properly communicate via formal writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment