When I viewed the image in detail, my perception of it
changed. I noticed that the instruments were shaped just like the head of an
elephant. The bulk of the instrument represented the elephants face. In
addition, the horn of the instrument represented the elephants’ trunk. There
was even a part of the instrument that looked like one of the elephants’ tusks.
This visual is trying to accomplish the idea that different objects can look
like other things when angled and set up a certain way. This image is
successful in accomplishing its goal because I was able to see that the
instrument looked like the head of an elephant. It is also clever because the
sound the instrument makes sounds a great deal like the sound an elephant
makes. The elephant makes it sound by its trunk and the instrument makes it
sound through the horn, which is representing the elephants’ tusk. I did not
like this image at first because I did not understand it. However, once I took a
closer look at it I really enjoyed it. I appreciated the creativity that went
behind the image and how well the instrument represented the elephant. I even
liked how the plants and the deer’s horns were also musical instruments. Along
with the clouds appearing as notes, I did not notice these aspects of the image
until much longer after observing the elephant.
No comments:
Post a Comment